Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) is Atlanta’s bus and rail system, transporting almost 450,000 passengers a day. In fact, the most convenient way to get to and from downtown Atlanta or the airport from Dunwoody, GA, is by rail from the Dunwoody Station on MARTA’s Red Line, which takes riders directly to popular stations in Atlanta including Midtown, Buckhead and Peachtree Center in less than 15 minutes.
Just as convenient, passengers traveling on MARTA from Dunwoody to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport never have to switch trains; the red line train can make the trip in under 40 minutes.
Dunwoody, Georgia, also has three MARTA bus lines that travel through the area.
- MARTA’s trains are clean, comfortable and reliable;
- Trains arrive at the Dunwoody station every 10-15 minutes weekdays and every 20 minutes on weekends;
- A single ride on MARTA costs around $2.50 and discounts are available when purchasing multiple trips;
- MARTA’s Breeze Card is a refillable card that never expires, easily refilled at any station.
- Adjacent to the MARTA Station is a garage for day or overnight parking;
- Children ride free (up to two per parent).
Dunwoody’s MARTA station is located on Hammond Drive within easy walking distance of Perimeter Mall and several Dunwoody restaurants, including Maggiano’s Little Italy, the Cheesecake Factory and Seasons 52.
A number of Atlanta’s most popular attractions and sports venues, including the Georgia Aquarium, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, World of Coca-Cola, College Football Hall of Fame, Center for Civil Human Rights, and State Farm Arena, are also in easy walking distance from downtown Atlanta MARTA stops.