Dunwoody: Everything You’ll Need for Holiday Shopping and Fun
Above Atlanta, Beyond The Wish list
DUNWOODY, Ga. (November 2015) –Holiday shopping and celebrating just got turned up a notch. Dunwoody, Georgia, is just the place for shopping, entertainment, fine art and outdoor activities as the season arrives. Conveniently located just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody’s diverse holiday activities are sure to create a very merry experience.
With Perimeter Mall, featuring six major department stores and 195 upscale retailers, as its epicenter, Dunwoody provides holiday shopping bliss. Additional shopping throughout the community at Park Place, The Dunwoody Village and Williamsburg areas include many national favorites and several one-of-a-kind destinations.
After you shop, celebrate with a glass of wine, gourmet meal or indulgent sweet treat at one of Dunwoody’s more than 90 restaurants, located conveniently near key shopping centers, easily accessible and often within walking distance. Multi-taskers can take advantage of Dunwoody’s two distinct wine bars that offer tastings, decadent dining and wine retail under one roof, Vino Venue and d’Vine Wine Bar & Shop.
Known for shopping, Dunwoody is also rich in fine arts from some of the area’s leading arts and theater groups, such as the Spruill Center for the Arts, the annual Holiday Shopping Market at Spruill Gallery and theatrical entertainment provided by Stage Door Players. Check it out:
- Spruill Center for the Arts 2015 Handmade for the Holidays Workshops:
- Nov. 6 - Handmade Holidays To Cork Wreath, 6 to 9 p.m.
- Nov. 8 - Handmade Holidays: All Natural Skincare Gift Basket, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Nov. 13 - Handmade Holidays: Decorative Clay Magnets, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 14 - Handmade Holidays: Custom Glass Coasters, 10 a.m. to noon, 2 sessions
- Nov. 14 - Handmade Holidays: House Portraits In Ink With Watercolor, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Nov. 16 - Stained Glass For The Holidays, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., 3 sessions
- Nov. 20 - Handmade Holidays: Painting Evergreens, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nov. 21 - Handmade Holidays: Hollow Beads In Polymer Clay, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 21 - Handmade Holidays: Beautiful Earrings, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Nov. 22 - Handmade Holidays: All Natural Soapmaking, 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Nov. 24 - Handmade Holidays: Fresh Evergreen Flower Arrangements, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 2 - Handmade Holidays: Polymer Clay Ornaments, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 3 - Handmade Holidays: Crystal Fringe Necklace, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 3 - Handmade Holidays: Polymer Clay Earrings, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 4 - Handmade Holidays: Painting A Flower Wreath, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4 - Handmade Holidays: Stained Glass Pendant, 6:30 to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 10 - Handmade Holidays: Sparkling Bib Necklace, 1 to 4 p.m.
- More information can be found here.
- Holiday Artists Market 2015 at the Spruill Gallery: Open Seven Days a Week November 16 through December 23
- Celebrating its 22nd year, the Holiday Artists Market bridges the gap between local artists and consumers with beautiful art in multiple mediums: glass, paper, fibers and wood to create festive jewelry, toys, bath products and art decorations. Profits support local artists and the Spruill Gallery.
- Opening Night: Nov. 16, 2015, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Family Day: Dec. 5, 2015, from noon to 2 p.m.
- Artists’ Trunk Show and Handmade Gift Baazar: Dec. 12, 2015, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Last-minute Shoppers Holiday Sale: Dec. 23
- Stage Door Players: 2015-2016 Season
- Let Nothing You Dismay, by Topher Payne: Dec. 4 through 20, 2015
- I Hate Hamlet, by Paul Rudnik: Jan. 29 through Feb. 21, 2016
- For more information, visit: www.stagedoorplayers.net/productions/index.html.
With the holidays also comes Thanksgiving and Winter Break for kids. Dunwoody Nature Center has the perfect solution for parents looking for fun and educational ways to keep their children entertained.
- Nov. 23-24, 2015 - Thanksgiving Break Camp including nature themed crafts, activities, games and outdoor play as they explore the habitats of Dunwoody Park.
- Dec. 21-23, 2015 and Dec. 28-30, 2015 - Winter Break Camp including two sessions where kids will explore the winter climate and study its effect on the animals, plants and habitats of Dunwoody Park with special appearances by some of the animals being studied.
- For more information, visit: www.dunwoodynature.org/Camps.
To further deck halls with Dunwoody, the city offers seasonally themed events such as "Dunwoody Homeowners Association presents Light Up Dunwoody” on Nov. 22, Santa meet and greets, and community concerts, pageants and productions. For more information about holiday events, visit www.cvbdunwoody.com/things-to-do/events/.
For those traveling from out of town or looking for a holiday staycation, Dunwoody is home to seven first-class hotels. All these hotels are conveniently located to enjoy holiday activities in Dunwoody and Atlanta, which include Stone Mountain Park’s Snow Mountain, Botanical Gardens Garden Lights, holiday performances around the city and more! Holiday hotel packages and more information about the holidays in Dunwoody can be found here.
Just north of Atlanta, you will find a premier hub for shopping, dining, business and culture. Dunwoody, Georgia offers visitors a sophisticated getaway complete with abundant activities. Location is key and Dunwoody delivers. With easy access to mass transit and major highways, the city offers proximity to key Georgia tourist attractions, sporting events and festivals. Not a getaway, Dunwoody is the place to get to!
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody is the destination marketing organization for the City of Dunwoody, charged with growing economic development through tourism promotion. For more information, please visit www.CVBDunwoody.com.