During the holidays, look no further for shopping, entertainment, fine art and outdoor activities than Dunwoody, Georgia. Conveniently located just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody’s diverse holiday activities are sure to create a very merry experience for everyone!
Turn to Dunwoody for A One-Stop Holiday Headquarters
DUNWOODY, Ga. (November 7, 2014) -During the holidays, look no further for shopping, entertainment, fine art and outdoor activities than Dunwoody, Georgia. Conveniently located just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody's diverse holiday activities are sure to create a very merry experience for everyone!
With Perimeter Mall, featuring six major department stores and 195 upscale retailers, as the epicenter, Dunwoody provides holiday shopping bliss. Additional shopping throughout the community at Park Place, The Dunwoody Village and Williamsburg areas include many national favorites and several one-of-a-kind destinations.
After shopping till nearly dropping, celebrate with a glass of wine, gourmet meal or indulgent sweet treat. From award-winning locally owned establishments to fine dining and after hours trendy spots to delectable dessert havens, Dunwoody boasts a broad range of dining diversity with over 80 restaurant choices. All are located conveniently near key shopping centers and are easily accessible, often within walking distance. Multi-taskers can take advantage of Dunwoody's two unique wine bars that offer tastings, gourmet dining and wine retail under one roof, Vino Venue and d'Vine Wine Bar & Shop.
While known for shopping, Dunwoody is also rich in fine arts with multiple holiday workshops at the Spruill Center for the Arts, the annual Holiday Shopping Market at Spruill Gallery and theatrical entertainment provided by Stage Door Players. Events include:
- Spruill Center for the Arts Handmade for the Holidays Workshops:
- Oct. 25, 2014 - House Portraits In Ink With Watercolor, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Nov. 9, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Make A T-Shirt Infinity Scarf, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 14, 2014 - Handmade Holidays All Natural Soapmaking, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov. 15, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Silver Earrings, 10a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 16, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Stained Glass Jewelry, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Nov. 17, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Stained Glass Ornaments, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Nov. 21, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Painting Evergreens, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Nov. 22, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Silk Scarves With Salt Effects 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Nov. 23, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Decorative Clay Magnets, 10 a.m. to 2p.m.
- Nov. 23, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Glass Judaica Workshop, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nov. 30, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Fused Glass Heirloom Cookie Plate, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Dec. 5, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Holiday Windchimes, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 6, 2014 - Painting Holiday Cards In Watercolor, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 7, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: Custom Glass Coasters, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Dec. 7, 2014 - Handmade Holidays: All Natural Skincare Gift Basket, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- More information can be found here.
- Holiday Artists Market 2014 at the Spruill Gallery: Open Seven Days a Week November 13 through December 23
- Celebrating its 21st year, the Holiday Artists Market bridges the gap between local artists and consumers. The market includes beautiful art from multiple mediums: glass, paper, fibers and wood to create festive jewelry, toys, bath products and art decorations. Profits support local artists and the Spruill Gallery.
- Opening Night: Nov. 13, 2014 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Family Day: Dec. 6, 2014 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Jewelry Trunk Show: Dec. 13, 2014
- Stage Door Players: 2014-2015 Season
- Rabbit Hole, by David Lindsay-Abaire: Nov. 14 through Dec. 7, 2014
- Private Lives, by Noel Coward: Jan. 16 through Feb. 8, 2015
With the holidays also comes Thanksgiving and Winter Break for kids. Dunwoody Nature Center has the perfect solution for parents looking for fun and educational ways to keep their children entertained.
- Nov. 25 to Nov. 26, 2014 - Thanksgiving Break Camp including nature themed crafts, activities, games and outdoor play as they explore the habitats of Dunwoody Park.
- Dec. 26 to Dec. 27, 2014 and Jan. 2 to Jan. 3, 205 - Winter Break Camp including two sessions where kids will explore the winter climate and study its effect on the animals, plants and habitats of Dunwoody Park with special appearance from some of the animals being studied.
To further deck the halls with Dunwoody, the city offers seasonally themed special events such as Light Up Dunwoody, presented by the Dunwoody Homeowners Association, Santa meet and greets, and community concerts, pageants and productions. To kick off the holiday spirit, start with the annual Light up Dunwoody event as the Cheek-Spruill Farm House transforms into a Christmas village with Santa, elves, reindeer while vendors offer refreshments. For more information on holiday events, visit www.cvbdunwoody.com/things-to-do/events/.
For those traveling from out of town or looking for a holiday staycation, Dunwoody is home to five first-class hotels, including Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center, The Crowne Plaza Ravinia, Embassy Suites Hotel-Perimeter Center, StaybridgeSuites Atlanta Perimeter Center and Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter. To book a room and for more information, visit: www.cvbdunwoody.com/hotels/.
Just north of Atlanta, you will find a premier hub for shopping, dining, business and culture. Dunwoody, Georgia offers visitors a sophisticated getaway complete with abundant activities. Location is key and Dunwoody delivers. With easy access to mass transit and major highways, the city offers proximity to key Georgia tourist attractions, sporting events and festivals. Not a getaway, Dunwoody is the place to get to!
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Dunwoody is the destination marketing organization for the City of Dunwoody, charged with growing economic development through tourism promotion. For more information, please visit www.CVBDunwoody.com.
For additional media information, please contact: Jennifer Nowicki
Pineapple Public Relations
T: (404) 237-3761