What’s New and Upcoming in Dunwoody
Dunwoody, Ga.(February 1, 2018) – A vibrant destination just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody offers premium shopping at the Southeast’s second largest mall, welcoming hotels with free shuttle service, award-winning restaurants, family-friendly festivals and more. The city is celebrating new dining, retail and hotel openings, as well as exciting cultural offerings and outdoor activities.
Here’s a list of what’s new, opening and under renovation in Dunwoody for early 2018 and beyond:
- AC Hotel – A seven-story AC-brand hotel received approval for construction. Currently in the design stages with plans to break ground by summer, the new hotel will feature a full-service bar, lounge seating with a multimedia area, a breakfast dining area with outdoor seating and a 4,575 square-foot rooftop amenity area with a bar and catering kitchen. AC Hotels, a Marriott brand successful in Europe, is relatively new to the U.S. market and offers a luxurious design select service option at a lower pricepoint for travelers.
- Max’s Coal Oven Pizzeria– A second location for the popular Atlanta eatery opened at Perimeter Mall in late 2017. Known for New York-style pizza baked in a coal-burning oven, the Dunwoody location will feature menu additions. The menu features specialty pizzas such as Fontina & Funghi, Caprino and Romana as well as salads, sandwiches and Italian specialties such as chicken parmesan.
- PorterQ & Brewery – With an anticipated March opening, Dunwoody will welcome a new barbecue restaurant and brewery. PorterQ & Brewery will brew six beers with New England IPAs, pale ales and pilsners on tap.
- Cinco Mexican Cantina – Perimeter Mall will be the home of Cinco Mexican Cantina’s fourth location, in 2018. The Atlanta-based upscale Mexican restaurant offers Latin-infused Mexican Cuisine carefully prepared from scratch. Cinco restaurants plan on debuting a new menu with trendy food and happy hour items in conjunction with the opening of the Dunwoody location.
- The Duke of Wellington Pub – The Dunwoody Restaurant Group plans to open their ninth tavern, The Duke of Wellington Pub, in September 2018. Founded in 1996, The Dunwoody Restaurant Group designs each of their taverns with a unique British style, complete with antiques imported from England. The pub will be located next to Spruill Gallery and the new Residence Inn.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse – In 2018, Texas headquartered Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Inc. plans to open a high-end restaurant at the soon to be Park Center mixed use development. With restaurant space encompassing 9,600 square feet and a spacious 3,100 square foot patio, Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse will embody the rich tradition of the classic American steakhouse. With chef-driven cuisine and unparalleled hospitality, Del Frisco’s is perfect for special occasions, business affairs or a night on the town.
- Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar – A second Atlanta-area location for the wine and burger bar restaurant will be opening in Dunwoody in 2018. With 16 locations in the U.S., Zinburger is known for indulgent burgers and decadent shakes. The Zinburger special features Manchego cheese, Zinfandel-braised onions, lettuce and mayonnaise, while the Bars of Zin shake is mixed with chocolate ice cream, hazelnut spread, Kit Kat pieces and fresh whipped cream.
- Vino Venue - Dunwoody’s neighborhood wine bar and emporium is now open for lunch Monday through Saturday starting at noon. The special lunch menu features old favorites like the Vino Venue burger, as well as Chef's new creations such as fresh, seasonal salads, crispy crab cake sandwich and more. The restaurant, featuring a number of seating styles, from high-top tables to cozy alcoves, is perfect for friendly gatherings or power lunches.
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar– The one-of-a-kind dining experience, thriving on its ability to fuse two niche products seamlessly on the same menu, unveiled a new sushi roll for charity called “The Roll That Love Built.” Proceeds from each roll will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House now through March 31. Ingredients include shrimp tempura and kani in seaweed and rice, topped with raw tuna, Hamachi (Japanese amberjack), eel sauce and tobiko (flying fish roe.)
- Kendra Scott– Perimeter Mall is shining a little brighter with the addition of a new global, luxury jewelry chain. Kendra Scott held a grand opening party on February 8, 2018. Known for unique use of color and quality materials, the retailer’s trendsetting collections have a loyal fan base and are favored by celebrities.
- Dunwoody Farmer’s Market – The 2018 Dunwoody Farmers Market offers visitors the chance to support local vendors. Shoppers can choose from a variety of offerings including organic and locally grown vegetables (tomatoes, mushrooms, kale, greens, and asparagus), fruits (apples, peaches, berries), eggs, meats, honey, preservative-free cookies and baked goods, and more. The market will be open starting April 14 through October 27 on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Brook Run Park.
- Caffeine and Octane Goes International – After being picked up for a second season by NBC Universal last year, Dunwoody’s own Caffeine and Octane Car Show is now going international. Season three of Caffeine and Octane will air on NBC Universal in summer of 2018 with its international debut slated for the final quarter of 2018. The show will be distributed and broadcasted in twenty eight different countries all over the world. Held the first Sunday of every month at Perimeter Mall, Caffeine and Octane is the largest monthly car show in North America and regularly attracts over 650 muscle, classic, high performance and exotic cars.
- Stage Door Players - The Dunwoody professional theater will perform several exciting new productions during the 2018 season with: “Picnic,” (January 26 – February 18), “Mass Appeal” (March 23 – April 15), “Living on Love” (May 18 - June 10 and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” (July 13 – August 5). For a listing of performances or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.stagedoorplayers.net/.
Parks and Green Space
- Trail System throughout Perimeter Center - The City of Dunwoody will continue to expand the Dunwoody Trailway, providing a safe connection between a series of public parks and neighborhoods. The multi-use trail between Brook Run Park and the newly opened Pernoshal Park now stretches a total of 3.3 total miles for an integrated park system. City planners hope to add another seven miles connecting the trail to a future park near the Perimeter Mall MARTA track.
- Dunwoody Placemaking Plan - The CVBD and City of Dunwoody are excited to share the vision of a more welcoming and connected Dunwoody. Through united efforts, the Connecting Dunwoody Placemaking Plan details the shared vision of future parks and greenspace, multi-use trails and continued beautification of this incredible destination. This plan has been years in the making and is a collaboration from multiple plans including an Arts and Culture Master Plan and the 2016 Parks Master Plan, among others. Both the CVBD and City of Dunwoody are excited about the possibilities for future growth and look forward to seeing the start of these projects in early 2018.
# # #
About Dunwoody, Ga
Dunwoody, Ga. is a premier hub for shopping, dining, business, and culture located just 10 miles north of Atlanta. From boutique to crowd favorites, wine bars to patio dining, a fine art school to a theatre company and abundant green space to hiking trails, Dunwoody has something for everyone. With easy access to mass transit and major highways, this city offers proximity to key Georgia tourist attractions, sporting events, and festivals. A little bit metropolitan chic, a little bit small-town escape, Dunwoody is above Atlanta and beyond the expected.
Jennifer Nowicki, Pineapple PR