What’s New and Upcoming in Dunwoody
Dunwoody, Ga. (September 18, 2017) – A premier destination just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody is celebrating new dining, retail and hotel openings, as well as exciting cultural offerings and outdoor activities.
Here’s a list of what’s new, opening and under renovation in Dunwoody for late 2017 and beyond:
- The Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center/Dunwoody – The Marriott brand known for spacious suites with full kitchens and separate living, working and sleeping areas opened in late August. Located at 4695 Ashford Dunwoody Rd., the 127-room hotel features studio, one- and two-bedroom suites.
- Vintage Pizzeria–Dunwoody recently welcomed the third location of this family-owned and operated metro Atlanta establishment to Dunwoody Village. Known for its New Jersey influenced thin crust pizza, this full-service restaurant also offers homemade Italian dishes, appetizers, a variety of salads and sandwiches. The Dunwoody location features two separate dining areas for family-friendly and adult dining. Both areas have their own covered outdoor patio.
- Carlo’s Bakery – The chain, founded by Buddy Valastro, star of TLC’s “Cake Boss” TV show, recently opened a Perimeter Mall location. The celebrity chef attended the bakery’s grand opening and ribbon cutting in April, introducing Dunwoody residents to the chain’s delicious pastries, desserts and cakes.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse – In 2018, Texas headquartered Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group, Inc. plans to open a high-end restaurant at Park Center. With restaurant space encompassing 9,600 square feet and a spacious 3,100 square foot patio, Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse will embody the rich tradition of the classic American steakhouse. With chef-driven cuisine and unparalleled hospitality, Del Frisco’s is perfect for special occasions, business affairs or a night on the town.
- Kendra Scott – Perimeter Mall will shine a little brighter as they add a new global, luxury jewelry chain. Kendra Scott plans to open its fourth Georgia location in fall of 2018. Known for unique use of color and quality materials, the retailer’s trendsetting collections have a loyal fan base and are favored by celebrities.
- Painting with A Twist– Local Dunwoody entrepreneur, Amanda Dossey recently opened a franchise of Painting with a Twist in the Georgetown Shopping Center. The art studio offers customers an opportunity to paint their own masterpieces in a very fun way. The “twist” varies depending on the audience for each event. For adults 21 and older, customers can bring their own wine or beer beverages while enjoying painting classes. They are also family-friendly and host painting classes for kids, charities, offices and private parties.
- Stage Door Players - The Dunwoody professional theater will put on several exciting new productions during the 2017-2018 season with: “Dial M for Murder” (September 22 –October 15), “Christmas at Sweet Apple” (December 1-December 17), “Picnic,” (January 26 – February 18), “Mass Appeal” (March 23 – April 15), “Living on Love” (May 18 - June 10 and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” (July 13 – August 5).
- Theater in the Park – In collaboration with Stage Door Players and the Dunwoody Preservation Trust, the Dunwoody Nature Center will host a fall production of “Legends & Lore” that will run nightly November 10-12 from 7 – 9 p.m. This family-friendly production will be performed in a storyteller format, with three stories drawn from the “Red Book” history of Dunwoody. Guests will gather at the stage in the main meadow area where they will see the first act (an introduction to the evening on the stage from the storyteller). From there, guests will divide into three different “stage” areas around the park for three additional stories, plays, or re-enactments. Each group will rotate, led by luminaries to light the grounds. After the final rotation, everyone will return to the main stage for a closing act.
- Nature Center’s Dunwoody Rocks Art in the Park – The Dunwoody Nature Center, Spruill Center for the Arts and the City of Dunwoody have partnered for a new program that puts the "public" in public art. Members of the community will be able to pick up rocks to decorate from the Nature Center between September 11 through October 28. Additionally, special workshops will be provided to assist budding artists with painting techniques. Then, on Saturday, October 28 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., the community is invited to unveil their creations and attend Dunwoody Rocks! The event will celebrate the Dunwoody Nature Center’s 25th Anniversary and include a DJ, picnic lunch and chalk artist, Taylor Wilkins.
Parks and Green Space
- Trail System throughout Perimeter Center - The City of Dunwoody will continue to expand the Dunwoody Trailway, providing a safe connection between a series of public parks and neighborhoods. The multi-use trail between Brook Run Park and the recently opened Pernoshal Park now covers a total of 3.3 total miles for an integrated park system. City planners hope to add another seven miles connecting the trail to a future park near the Perimeter Mall MARTA track.
# # #
About Dunwoody, Ga
Dunwoody, Ga. is a premier hub for shopping, dining, business, and culture located just 10 miles north of Atlanta. From boutique to crowd favorites, wine bars to patio dining, a fine art school to a theatre company and abundant green space to hiking trails, Dunwoody has something for everyone. With easy access to mass transit and major highways, this city offers proximity to key Georgia tourist attractions, sporting events, and festivals. A little bit metropolitan chic, a little bit small-town escape, Dunwoody is above Atlanta and beyond the expected.
Jennifer Nowicki, Pineapple PR